one. Tom Brady precipitated a serious stir on his SiriusXM radio present, Let’s Go! Monday evening when he answered a query from cohost Jim Grey about his future.
“Tom, you are leaving all people guessing,” stated Grey. “You stated you may take your time. Do you’ve any kind of a timetable as to what you would possibly wish to do concerning your soccer profession?”
“Jim, if I knew what I used to be gonna f—ing do, I might already [have] f—ing performed it,” replied Brady. “I am taking it a day at a time.”
Naturally the web went wild, and that line was promoted by each weblog, information outlet and web site with evaluation of Brady’s temper. “Irritated,” “salty,” “offended” and “pissed” have been simply a number of the adjectives utilized by websites to explain the GOAT’s temper.
Nonetheless, I spoke to Jim Grey on Tuesday, and he painted a completely totally different image.
“We have been simply having enjoyable,” Grey stated in regards to the alternate. “He was simply having enjoyable.”
Grey added, “I hate to disappoint everybody, however there was nothing to it.”
I requested Grey whether or not he had mentioned with Brady earlier than the present that he would ask about his future.
“No, he would not know what’s coming,” stated Grey.
“We do have conversations or texts about who’s approaching or what is going on on or what we expect, and this was fairly apparent,” added Grey. “We hadn’t spoken to him since Monday evening since that loss, so it is type of apparent what we’ll talk about. However, no, we did not go over that, however you’ll count on that the viewers would anticipate that we’d have some kind of an replace on if he had a choice or when he would possibly make one.”
Grey once more reiterated that the longer term Corridor of Famer wasn’t upset in regards to the query and even weighed in on Brady’s penchant for utilizing a naughty phrase right here and there.
“There is no controversy right here,” stated Grey. “It is nothing. For those who hear, Tom curses once in a while. It is at all times in good enjoyable. It is to not be untoward or derogatory.”
Earlier than we ended the dialog, I requested Grey whether or not he seems like Brady ought to make the announcement about his future on Let’s Go!
“In no way,” Grey stated. “It is completely as much as him. He is obtained loads of issues to consider. He is obtained a corporation. He is obtained teammates. He has his household from him. There’s an entire lengthy listing of oldsters and priorities, so, no I do not really feel like there’s any obligation or requirement. He is nice to the present. And final 12 months, the place did he reply all of the questions? On the present.”
2. Listed here are the viewership numbers for the 4 divisional spherical playoff video games.
Cowboys-49ers, Fox: 45.6 million
Bengals-Payments, CBS: 39.3 million
Jaguars-Chiefs, NBC: 32.3 million
Giants-Eagles, Fox: 28.6 million
3. Bengals cornerback Eli Apple is just not an excellent participant but trash-talks like an excellent participant, and lots of people aren’t completely satisfied about that.
4. Final Friday, I wrote in regards to the NFL’s petty transfer to maintain Barstool’s Bussin’ With the Boys podcast, hosted by present participant Taylor Lewan and former participant Will Compton, off Radio Row on the Tremendous Bowl. It seems the NFL has now reversed its resolution.
5. Monday Night time Uncooked held a Thirtieth-anniversary episode final evening in Philadelphia, which meant that Paul Heyman was going to bash the Eagles to rile up the gang. And it labored to perfection.
6. The most recent YES Media Podcast includes a dialog with former Tremendous Bowl champion and present podcast host Chris Lengthy.
You’ll be able to take heed to the podcast under or obtain it on Apple, Spotify and Google.
You may as well watch the YES Media Podcast on YouTube.
7. RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY: As I informed you yesterday, in honor of the Royal Rumble This Saturday, I’ll characteristic memorable movies from one of many WWE signature occasions on this area all week. Immediately, let’s bear in mind the time Vince McMahon tore BOTH his quads whereas working to the ring on the 2005 rumble.
Make sure to compensate for previous editions of Traina Ideas and take a look at the Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Manzana, Spotify or Google. You may as well comply with Jimmy on Twitter, instagram and TikTok.